Get Organized! Everyone organizes a little bit differently, and that’s ok. The important thing is that you’re aiming to organize in ways that capitalize on your personal Strengths and best suit the task at hand.
For a student, this could mean...
- Designating binders to organize for each of your classes to keep track of work
- Tucking your class’s Schedule of Course Assignments in the front of the class’s binder under the clear outside plastic to keep assignments visible.
- Utilizing color-specific notebooks to match those designated binders for your class (for some reason, Math was always Orange and English was green….always…).
- Choosing specialized writing utensils for notes to color-code notes for each lecture
- Labeling the class day’s date and topic of the day right before class begins (this could also help when the exam rolls around so you can know what notes are for what exam)
- Building a virtual schedule through Outlook Calendar as a tool for building a routine and recognizing when you’re busy but also when you’re free to study (add EVERYTHING)
- Identifying an opportune spot that does not tempt you to be off task but encourages you to work.
- Formulating a budget that is upheld each week or month to not overspend.
The list could go on and on. At the end of the day, it comes down to YOU. YOU have to recognize what YOU need. YOU have to make the effort each day to uphold your organizational systems.